Hegazelle and I are making our resolutions for the new year one month at a time. We've decided to make resolutions regarding home improvement, financial improvement and physical improvement and write them on the calendar each month. (Of course we have our individual resolutions for spiritual improvement- those are written internally.)
For the month of January our financial improvement resolutions are:
- Familiarize HG with how to access and use all financial accounts, spending plans and bill payment schedules. (This was pretty easy, and has been accomplished already.)
- Save $400 to the emergency fund.
- Gather all 2009 tax documents.
- Prepare an updated will.
- Organize office and create a system to preserve organization. (This means no more piles of mail. I hope...)
- Re-caulk shower in the master bathroom.
I'll do my best to let you know how we fare this month.