Monday, April 21, 2008

Hegazelle: When financial hits aren't murphy's fault

There are times in one's journey to financial peace that "Murphy" happens. Case in point the nail in tire saga as described by Shegazelle Friday. But sometimes things can happen that we bring upon ourselves. Let me explain. Say for instance your car got stolen because you left it unlocked with the keys on the seat. Some of us would say "Murphy is after me again" when in reality we brought it upon ourselves. Well I had that kind of thing happen to me. On President's Day I went to get a haircut about 3 miles from my house. Being a holiday and not having to work I didn't have anywhere I had to be in a hurry. But seeing how I am in the car a lot for work, (I drive 35 minutes one way to work every day plus to and from each job) I don't like to drive anymore than I have to on my days off. So when I finished my haircut I got in our car and tried to get home as quickly as I could. Unfortunately I only got about half a mile before I wished I would have been watching the speedometer instead of being in such a hurry. Because off to my right I saw the officer putting the radar gun back in its holder. I was the only one there so I knew it was me he was after. I pulled over and was told I was going 15 miles an hour over the speed limit. A few minutes later ticket in hand I was back on the road driving like a sloth instead of like a gazelle being chased by a cheetah. Later on, as much as I wanted to get mad at "Murphy" I knew I had brought it upon myself. So if I may offer any advice in the quest to financial peace "Beware of the things you bring upon yourself because Murphy is bad enough without any help."

2 comments:

Katie Booker said...

ARG!!! Isn't it a shame when the Police Department is trying to outrun Murphy as well...
What a bummer!

Anonymous said...

Too true Hegazelle.
Sorry you got caught my the man...
Great post!