Tuesday, February 5, 2008

February Goals

It's unfortunate, but I don't feel entirely comfortable divulging all my goals, numbers and such on here. The number of new readers that know me personally surprises me. Not that I distrust all of you (and by the way, welcome to you newbies!) it's just that there has to be a little privacy, right? But I think for the purpose that this blog serves, I give out quite a bit of personal info- more than many people would.

That said, here's some of what we're shooting for in February:

  • Reduce our debt by $900. But of course. This should be easily done with a five paycheck month.
  • Save enough money by President's Weekend for a bed. We've got the mattress, now all we need is the bed and the slatted bed base from IKEA. The bed is $229 and the slatted bed base is $50. We have a $50 IKEA gift card and about $60 in our fund for this. I guess if we can't pull the money together in the next two weeks, we don't go to IKEA until the end of the month or even next month.
  • Save and give $300 to church building fund. That would make us half finished with our pledge. I wouldn't mind getting it out of the way early.
  • File taxes. If the elderly couple who hold our mortgage would get us an interest statement, we could file them. I asked them to send me a statement by January 31, which has obviously come and gone. If I don't see it by mid February I'll write them another letter. Other than that, I feel quite organized with all our other tax docs in a large envelope ready to go.
I'm putting off reevaluation of our home owners insurance policy until next month. For now it just seems like I have a lot of other stuff to tend to first.

On another note: Hegazelle sold a full box of drywall nails for $5 on Craigslist tonight. I suppose we will nickel and dime away all the unnecessary stuff in our home and garage.

0 comments: