Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Random Thoughts

Breaking News: It has been verified by an unidentified woman that AT&T does indeed have an employee with a working brain cell.
It's true, folks. Today I finally met that AT&T employee who at long last has secured a connection to my residence. This is my first day on DSL at home. We shall see how it goes.

I'm in a "blah" spell mentally about my debt reduction plan. It's not that I'm giving up, it's that there's been no recent money spike or the like to fuel my fire. It's just been so-so, steady plugging along thru August towards the finish line. I suppose I should be grateful to be going forward instead of being stuck or going backward.

Have you ever read a book and thought, "Man, I wish I had written this book!" That is exactly what I'm thinking as I read Horseradish: Bitter Truths You Can't Avoid by Lemony Snicket. Mr. Snicket, I must say, is one of my favorite authors. I admire his style, and believe that perhaps we are kindred spirits.

I am wearing my last pair of contact lenses, and the lenses in my eye glasses no longer provide me with clear eyesight. One wrong move while washing my face over the sink could leave me in Blurryland. I am putting off the inevitable by not having a fund for this expense. I think I leave similarly necessary items underfunded as well when I squeeze every nickel for my car payment. If anyone knows where I could score a bargain on contact lenses or even lenses to replace those in my eyeglasses, please share. Maybe it will motivate me to stop procrastinating on this.

Oh yes, and my cousin had a charming wedding this weekend. I was proud. Further, I am certain that he and his new bride, armed with their own total money makeover, will make me prouder as their good decisions lead them to a life like no one else's. With continued focus, they will be debt-free, home owners, wise investors and examples of the way it's done. I love being related to intelligent life.

6 comments:

PJ said...

That whole "related to intelligent life thing"...

I can see how that'd be important to you...

As far as your eyes go: go over to www.myndfood.com and read my post about jeans...you wouldn't have to worry about glasses OR contacts if you'd just wear jeans to work!

SheGazelle said...

hahaha... very good one- even at my expense!

Since the dress code at my workplace already permits clothing of comfort that causes one to spend periods away from their computer monitor, I think my eyes are as good as they're gonna get. Just think how much worse they would be if I was forced to wear business apparel to work!

Katie Booker said...

Go to the garment district and pick up some "Almost" new pair of contacts...
Every street corner sales them...and you can even try them on first!
Just dont send me the bill for the conjuctivepinkeyetis...

SheGazelle said...

SICK!!!

cMc said...

I could probably get you some lenses for free from my "MIL" (Mother-in-love)! She is an optician for a medical group down here and I get all my lenses free. Anyway, is there any chance you know your prescrip? Lemme know via email, since I haven't had much time to venture to your corner of cyberspace lately. Look at me! It's half past 1 in the morning and I'm reading and posting on blogs! What an "insane-oh"!! lol Anyway, write me if you're interested...

SheGazelle said...

chriss is giving a whole new meaning to "ask and ye shall receive", folks. Thanks for the generous offer- I hope things work out!