Friday, October 30, 2009

Gazelle Grab Bag

Christmas is coming, budgets are tight for many people- do you have different holiday plans this year? Just curious...the subject interests me.

In my last post I was lamenting an awful money leak. Yesterday I received a bit of salve for my wound. Our property tax bill (for which I save a little every week) arrived in the mail. It has been reduced by over $500, meaning we have over-saved! My first inclination is to spend it on the baby gazelle, but Hegazelle and I will have a "budget committee meeting" very soon to decide what to do with the extra.

Speaking of the baby gazelle, I have a confession: the baby is 5 months old with no college fund. Yes, but that is because the parent gazelle's haven't finished their 6 month emergency fund!!! Following Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover means we put off college saving until we have that Efund in place and have begun saving 15% of our income for retirement. So if we don't get movin', we're gonna turn around and find an 18 year old gazelle ready for college with no money for it!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Put the savings into the emergency fund! It will help get you to your goal faster!