Thursday, February 12, 2009

Home Decor Channel: Neutral Nursery bedding by Shegazelle

My original plans and color scheme for Baby Huey's room have been scrapped. I am of the mind that some things aren't worth stressing over, so when something doesn't unfold how I have in mind, it's time to move on to the next idea. And move on to the next idea we did.
No fuss, no frills- that best describes my home decor. So contemporary, clean lines is the name of the game in Huey's room also. Primary color: white. How's that for an easy going, gender-neutral nursery?
Bottom line: We spent a little more for something we liked, but didn't break the bank on custom baby bedding. Plus, we get to go over the walls with a nice, fresh coat of plain ol' white paint.
Here's a look at what I bought but in another nursery setting:

(6 pc. set includes comforter, bumper, crib sheet, crib skirt, window valance and diaper stacker)

The other colors you see are aqua and taupe. Dig that light fixture!

So, boy or girl, that's baby Huey's bedding. And I might mention that it's quite soft too. Huey's crib is being obtained second hand from my cousin. It's cherry wood I think...been awhile since I've seen it. Plus the dresser/changing table and bookshelf- it should be a good deal, though we've yet to work out any details.


P.S. To the mothers out there: yes, I am well aware that Huey is not likely to sleep here for some time. We shall see how that cookie crumbles. ;-)


3 comments:

The Weidners said...

Love it, love it, love it! This is awesome! ;o)

SheGazelle said...

Well, thank you!

A.L. said...

Very nice! I can hardly wait to see it all put together. Love, A.L.