Wednesday, October 22, 2008

From the Atlantic

Hello from somewhere out in the Atlantic Ocean. Yes, we are at sea today, although we were supposed to be in Bar Harbor, Maine. Apparently, 40 MPH winds are not real groovy when you have to take tenders to get to the pier. So instead we're spending an extra day at sea.
A very short summary thus far: New York, Newport, RI, and Boston were great. I loved Boston. As far as the cruise itself- the first two days were the roughest waters I have ever sailed on. Being quite prone to motion sickness, this was not good. Since I cannot partake of normal motion sickness remedies, I yaked each of the first two nights after dinner. Unpleasant. But it has been smooth waters ever since, so I am doing well now.
Tomorrow we arrive in Canada- St. John, New Brunswick. I am going on a tour alone since I have cancelled my jet boat tour since I am not doing well on the boats thus far. From there to Halifax, Nova Scotia and then another day at sea before returning to NYC.
Gotta run- time is precious on these ship computers.
TTFN!!

2 comments:

cMc said...

How fun for you! (Not the nausea...) I'm so envious! Tell Manders I said "hi" and I miss her much! Have fun!

A.L. said...

Aside from the "yakking" it sounds like you're having a great time. I can't wait to hear all about it at Thanksgiving! :)