Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Last few days- vacation planning

This blog is getting drab. I know. I just don't have much to write about these days. We have one savings goal at the moment, which is vacation, of course. Only 3 more paydays until we leave, so we are squeezing each check for all it's worth.
As soon as we get home, we'll jump right in to saving 3-6 months of expenses in our emergency fund. We had been working slowly on it, but with our vacation getting closer I wanted to put everything into vacation. I figure it's better for us to take too much money and come home with some than to not have quite enough.
Meanwhile, I am pouring over the manual for our new camera. I've also dusted off my photography text book from college for a bit of refreshing. I hope to come home with a boat-load of great photos from our trip.
Also, trying to plan what to pack for a vacation in colder weather is tough too. Packing light, yet packing warm is the object. I hope I can do it. Plus, we have two formal nights which adds not only two more sets of clothes, but also another pair of my size 9.5 shoes! My shoes seem to take up the most space in our suitcase.
23 more days. I can hardly wait. I keep thinking about all that cruise food!

0 comments: