Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Learning Serious Frugality: Starting With Toothpaste

Ever a student, I am now on a quest to learn how to get free and nearly free stuff using coupons & rebates. I've been researching for a couple weeks now- stay-at-home-mom blogs are a fantastic source for such information.
So yesterday, I decided to do one of these deals. I got Colgate toothpaste for 34 cents at Target. Not a big deal, not even a free deal, but it was a start for me. Use the Target coupon here for $1 off and the manufacturers coupon here for $1.50 off. The 4 oz. Colgate Total is $2.84 at Target (at least where I am- others report it at $2.50!) And the answer is yes, they will take both coupons.
Cool, huh? This is my first taste of "The Drugstore Game", and while it was small compared to the pros, it was fun.

0 comments: