Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Recipe: Shegazelle's Burritos


I just finished a most delicious burrito (if I do say so myself.) We eat burritos for dinner quite often for a few reasons: they taste great, they're easy on the budget, they're low fat, they're a quick dinner, and they taste great. And besides all that, they taste great.


Gazelle Burritos
10 min. meal

1 lb. lean ground turkey
minced onions to taste
1/2 packet Lawry's Taco Seasoning
1 16oz. can Taco Bell Fat Free Refried Beans
1/4 cup water
Flour tortillas

Brown ground turkey with minced onions. Stir in Lawry's Taco Seasoning. Combine refried beans and turkey, adding water to thin out mixture. Warm tortillas on open flame and serve burritos with desired toppings.

Gazelle Burrito Toppings:

shredded cheese
lettuce
tomato
avocado
Naturally Yours Fat Free Sour Cream
Herdez Salsa (medium)
salt
pepper



Also, if you feel like clogging your arteries a bit, try the fried version of this burrito. Roll up a tortilla filled with the meat mixture and cheese, fry it in oil, then put the toppings over the top of it. Obviously, this one has to be eaten with a fork.
Enjoy!


2 comments:

Katie Booker said...

These burritos are AWESOME!!! I speak from experience....A must have on ones plate OFTEN.

So, if I go on bedrest with this baby...I request that you mail me some =)

Canadian Saver said...

Oh that looks great!!