Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Money Fun

After this Friday's paycheck I will have enough saved to pay my April 10 property taxes. It's great to have that money set aside and easily accessed when the tax bill is due. There was a time when we didn't have it planned so well, so in the weeks leading up to the payment date we had a very imbalanced budget, with most of our money going to a bill we knew was coming but didn't plan for.

I received my energy bill for March and was glad to see that our cutting back this winter on gas usage is paying off again. I received a rebate for $33. That means our January Freeze Fest has net a $80 savings for us. Very cool.

This month at Walgreens there's more free stuff. Garnier Fructis Hair Stylers 2-8.5oz. (I dig their hairspray so this works well for me,) Colgate Total Advanced Toothpaste, Listerine Smart Rinse, and my moisturizer, Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew. That's $25 worth of product for FREE! Last month's rebate check for me was $18. This is what I call fun.

0 comments: