Sunday, March 16, 2008

Lunch Stuff

There's something about springtime that draws me to Trader Joe's. I really like that store, but since I can't buy everything there, I get lazy and don't go there at all. But this week I got some of the stuff for this week's lunches there- some organic baby spinach, romaine hearts, frozen strawberries, a mango (for which I was overcharged; my blood boils to think of it,) roasted garlic hummus, a cracked wheat sourdough loaf and some pita bread. We spent the last couple of weeks eating salads for lunch; they were quite good, bagged salad with shredded rotisserie chicken (or canned tuna,) tomatoes and homemade dressing. I don't do well with the everyday lunch box sandwich, I will fall off the lunch wagon everyday if that's all there is to eat. Anyway, I have everything prepared ahead of time for lunches this week, and I'm feeling pretty good about it. I grilled 3 marinated chicken breasts and sliced them up. Hegazelle's lunch this week: Garlic chicken pita sandwiches. He has his instructions for in the morning: spread the inside of the pita with roasted garlic hummus, throw in some of the chicken slices, a piece of romaine heart, and tomatoes or whatever is in the fridge that is deemed tasty. For me, sourdough, cheddar & garlic for grilled cheese sandwiches. Additionally, I had a hankerin' for that delicious salad my cousin Jenny makes- baby spinach, slivered almonds, strawberries, mango, avocado and balsamic vinaigrette. This will be a great side to our sandwiches.
Something about when I eat salads everyday for lunch though, while I enjoy them thoroughly, come Thursday or Friday I am in major need of a cheeseburger or some Flamin' Hot Cheetos. I don't know what's wrong with me!
And while I'm talking about food that could possibly kill me I should mention that we finished our wills this morning- complete with a notarized affidavit and two witnesses. I had no idea I had to have two witnesses in the presence of both me and Hegazelle and the notary! We were glad a friend of ours agreed to notarize the will at church this morning- that made things a lot easier.

0 comments: