Tuesday, March 25, 2008

March Outlook and "Hills and Valleys"

I just logged in to take a look at my loan payments so far for the month of March and was disappointed to see we've only paid down $350 thus far! Major bummer.

On a brighter note, we are well over half way thru with the amount that we pledged to our church remodel. I'd rather be behind on my debt reduction goals than to be lagging on what I pledged to my church.

Hegazelle and I had what I'll call a "superior week" on payday last week, so we decided we would begin to fund a "Hills and Valleys" account. That name was coined by Dave Ramsey, but the concept is age old. Save in the good times to prepare for less prosperous times. This is in addition to our baby emergency fund, and will serve as a supplement to our pay in the slow season. I don't really have a plan on how much to accumulate in this fund, my only plan is to set some aside when we experience those "superior weeks."

0 comments: