Thursday, February 21, 2008

"I Wish We Would Have Done Things Differently"


A couple who are friends of mine and Hegazelle lost their home this week after nearly a year long battle. It's a sad ending for such a young couple who had big dreams of owning a new home. When I talked to the wife about their situation yesterday, she mentioned that her husband had told her, "I wish we would have done things differently."
How many times have we all said those words? We have all made mistakes, big and small, and in hindsight we ponder how we could have done better for ourselves. A person could drive themselves crazy thinking about what they should, would and could have done. I know, I've done it myself. If ONLY someone had given me the book The Total Money Makeover for a wedding present! Think how much farther along I would be! Ugh. Those are thoughts I cannot allow myself to think.
I guess since my friend's struggle is on my mind, I figured I'd write a bit of encouragement to any readers who may be wishing they would have done things differently. Let's let bygones be bygones and start again today. Let the past teach us the lesson it needs to teach us so that we never pass that way again. Then let's leave it behind. The past may have made your future tougher to face, but we're all capable of facing those challenges one day at a time. Like I've heard said before, "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time."
Elephant isn't my favorite food, but as soon as I finish this plate I'm gonna do my best not to eat it again!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Good Post SheGazelle.
You have spoken wisely.

Nama Baglin