Thursday, January 17, 2008

Super Gazelle Goes Super Frugal

Ok, so I've been eating grilled cheese sandwiches at work most days for about a month now. This morning I go to pack my bread and cheese only to discover my loaf of sourdough had mold. Ugh. So for the first time in over two weeks I bought lunch. Less than a dollar at Taco Bell, but still, I was on a roll with not eating out on the weekdays.
Also today I turned the heat up to 60 degrees in the house. Most other evenings we've managed to keep it around 57 or 58, but I'm wondering when I'll get tired of wearing my coat and scarf around the house.
Do I sound pitiful or what?! Ha!
Can't wait for payday tomorrow...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow And my family tells me that our house is cold at 67. If you need some extra coats Paul and I have some extra that we hand out when people come over to visit we can loan you. Keep up the debt/frugal lifestyle it will payoff someday.
Becky

Anonymous said...

A kid after my own heart...

Keep up the good work!

SheGazelle said...

Ha ha ha...well below 60 is certainly not our preferred temp. but I need my energy bill to move on down!
Thanks for the offer of the coats- I actually wore mittens in the house last night to humor hegazelle. They really did help!

Katie Booker said...

WOW...I guess that is one way to make sure you snuggle at night! We keep our thermostat set at 70...You guys would BURN UP!
But I do have to say...you guys are doing awesome!

PJ said...

I'm ashamed of you...

Mold? You can cut that stuff off, you know. Instead you go waste...gasp...an entire DOLLAR for lunch at Taco Bell?!?!

You're slipping...

This, my dear, is quite distressing...

SheGazelle said...

I can cut it off?! Even the people at the mission get to eat non-moldy bread, c'mon!