Tuesday, January 29, 2008

January Goals Recap

Well, you know what they say, "You win some, you lose some." That certainly held true with our January Goals. Here again are the goals and also how they all panned out for January:

  • Fund the EF back to $1000. Done. We actually got this out of the way right at the beginning of the month with some money left over from Christmas.
  • Reduce our debt by $900. Here's where we fell short. After the holidays, our first January checks were on the lousy side. We paid off only $713 for the month of January, our lowest mark to date. Oh well, at least I got to enjoy watching the green piggy move below $8k.
  • Save and give 1/5th of pledged amount for church building fund. I said we planned to donate $1000 by June- make that $1500. Hegazelle felt that it was the thing to do, pledging that additional $500. Anyhow, the goal we set for January was $185. We SMOKED right by it with $468!! Did I mention we sold some stuff on Craigslist? :-D
  • Reevaluate home owner's insurance policy. Didn't get to do this one. I want to listen the FPU CD on insurance before I meet my agent, and at the moment they're not in my hands.
  • Bonus Goal: Prepare a will. It's not complete yet, but I paid for it tonight. It should be complete within 24 hours.
So there you have it (as my father ALWAYS says.) Some goals we won big on, none that we lost were way far off. I have a lot of other desires that I am saving for at the moment, so things are pretty spread around.
Meanwhile, Hegazelle is digging around in the garage. My best guess is he's looking for things we haven't sold yet. I guess the $20 he made changing someone's air filter at 6:00 tonight isn't enough for one evening. I think I'll go help.

0 comments: