Saturday, January 26, 2008

3 teeth less, and 3 big holes in my gums

Well, if the whole wisdom tooth removal was supposed to leave me bruised, in pain and bed ridden through the weekend, then I guess I would be what is known as a "trooper" as I have evaded such a fate. I felt them take one of my teeth out, that didn't feel pretty at all. Whatever was in that IV made me emotional right after surgery. I went home and took a nap from about noon until 2 or 2:30. Then that was it. I got dressed and went with Hegazelle to the bank, to Costco, to my office, to Taco Bell for a burrito, and then to a play with some friends. So yeah, I'm feeling better than expected. The post-op paper said they pain and swelling should peak at about 48 hours. That would be tomorrow morning, so I guess I'm not out of the woods yet. But I'm not in pain, so I didn't even get to try out my Vicodin. Rats. I'm glad I don't need it though, really.
So, basically this post is to tell you nothing other than that I am alive & well and this blog will go on!
And just to bring money into the story, my surgery cost $243.20. Insurance paid the rest. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I for one...am relieved. You gave me quit a scare!

Anonymous said...

Yes! I heard that you were already out and about last night and was amazed! I've known people who suffered for weeks. Glad to hear the good news!