Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I got a great new phone- FREE

I'm not a cell phone junkie by ANY means. I actually avoid talking on the phone if I can. Strange for a chick I know, but I'm just not into it AT ALL.
But I've got a new phone that I'm in love with and I haven't even owned it for 24 hours. No, I don't do iphones or smartphones of any variety- if I need something with a full keyboard and all the features of a computer, I'll start carrying a laptop. I do, however, dig my new Samsung Juke. It's a lot smaller than it looks in pictures (size is best described as an oversized lighter) and comes with everything you need for a great music phone experience- color coordinated ear buds, built-in 2GB of space for all my music, and the sync cord to sync my Windows Media Player with my Juke. I had a music phone for two years and never played any music on it. Never paid to download the music software (the Juke comes with the software preloaded a.k.a FREE,) never bought the memory card necessary to store the music, and never bought the ear buds.
What does this have to do with personal finance? My phone was free. That's all. :-D
$99.99 is the current retail price for the Juke. They are offering a $50 rebate, and gave me $50 credit towards a new phone thru the New Every Two Program. Ok, so it wasn't totally free, I had to pay the $17 in taxes, but it was as close to free as you get.
$17 for a phone I'll use for 2 years is not a bad deal. Smooches to Verizon!

0 comments: