Monday, August 27, 2007

Vacation Bargains

It's Labor Day weekend, and under normal circumstances we would not be going out of town. But my dear cousin is marrying this Saturday, so we certainly have reason to leave town. I booked and paid for our room a few months back when the Vacation Envelope permitted. I must take this moment to brag about my bargain. I scored a 4 star hotel- the Westin South Coast Plaza- for $55 per night. Needless to say, I am quite pleased and looking forward to my weekend away.
As if that weren't bargain enough, some friends of ours have made us an offer I'm not sure we can pass up. We've been invited to vacation with these friends in Kauai. We can stay for free in a condominium there, which also includes use of a vehicle for free. The cost to us would be flight, food and fun expenses only. We are still counting the cost, but very hopeful to go.

Going anywhere exciting for the holiday weekend?

12 comments:

Katie Booker said...

Kauai???? FREE??? Please introduce me to this friend!

PJ said...

Katie:

"A woman that hath friends must show themself not the be the kind of person that will cackle when their 'friends' are forced to clean youth camp bathrooms, simply for defending themselves against a ferocious onslought of water."

Thus, forget it!

SheGazelle said...

hehehe...

Katie Booker said...

PJ..
"If there is bitterness in the heart, sugar in the mouth won't make life sweeter".

PJ said...

Ha! Touche!

Always have to have the upper hand, and the last word, don't you?

Katie Booker said...

You know me well! =)

PJ said...

...fortunately for you!

Anonymous said...

Katie & PJ

I am so pleased to see that you both remember all the scriptures that you were taught at TTCS. Sis Estes and Elder Morton would be so proud of you both. Keep quoting those bible verses.

SheGazelle said...

Yes, in fact, as a youngster I always looked up to them both for spiritual guidance.

PJ said...

OH ALRIGHT! The stinkin sarcasm is so thick here, you can cut it with a knife!

And for the record, gazelle, as I recall, as a youngster, you were adamantly opposed to accepting spiritual guidance from ANYBODY (not that I blame you in Katie's case...).

Katie Booker said...

Becky,
I'm so proud to be a TTCS'er!!! But I'm not so sure that PJ was quoting those scriptures from memory...he probably did a search on google for scriptures pertaining to Friends...LOL

And PJ...AFA youth spirituality...I do believe you were in the "carnal" group as well...afterall..you were in Student Council with me.
And if I recall correctly you're main song was "One Sweet Day"...and you sure weren't talking about Heaven =)

SheGazelle said...

hehehehehe...
Yes, pj, you are absolutely correct, but I just couldn't resist. :-)