Monday, July 20, 2009

Cheap Insurance: Finally it's not an oxymoron!

Finally a break on the health insurance front for the baby gazelle! The baby was approved for membership in the Kaiser Permanente Child Health Plan. The monthly premium is $15 with $5 copays. That's MUCH better than the $88 premium/$75 copay plan I am currently paying for. And they include dental coverage at no extra premium. This is super cool.

We are coming up on our 1 year anniversary of being debt-free (July 28.) I am ashamed to say that we still aren't finished with Baby Step 3. We paid off our debt with such gazelle intensity, it's sorta pathetic that we haven't finished funding our emergency fund in a year. We have $3,000 left to save. It's been a while since I've set a time goal, so maybe I need to do that soon. Maybe that would get this gazelle in high gear.

Plus, I need to get serious about funding the baby gazelle's college fund.

1 comments:

GMR said...

right on