Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Shegazelle crawls out of hibernation

Is it obvious by my sparse posting that I have spent the last 2 months in a state of zero energy? Honestly, I think yesterday and today are the most normal I've felt in 8 weeks. I've managed to get thru yesterday and today with no nap, which I have had to do everyday on my lunch break. And I actually have a pot of chili simmering on the stove!! Things are indeed improving. *pausing to knock on wood*
We're working diligently on Baby Step 3 (3-6 months of expenses in savings) and it's unbelievable how much quicker we can save when we aren't making car payments. We are about $70 away from the 2K mark! Hopefully the intensified Christmas saving doesn't slow down the saving for the emergency fund.
Since we over-saved for our vacation, we have a well-funded "Baby Fund". This fund will soon replace our hallway doors, buy paint and more. It's also intended to purchase those items absolutely necessary once Baby Huey comes home (we hafta call it something, so Huey it is.) Car seat/stroller, diapers, formula, and anything else that someone smarter than me tells me I need to have. And you better believe I'm gonna get some wild deals on diapers before this kiddo even arrives. The baby probably won't have a closet full of clothes (since we won't know if it's a boy or girl) but it's likely it will have a closet full of diapers of all sizes!
So that's the scoop on the Gazelles and their money today. I'm just glad I had the energy to post!

2 comments:

A.L. said...

I'll be forwarding any "baby" item coupons I come across. Can't wait to see you! Love, A.L.

Anonymous said...

http://myblessedhome.blogspot.com/ This lady's blog has a posting from today all about cloth diapers and cloth wipes, just in case you want to check it out!