Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Net worth

A year ago, for the first time, Hegazelle and I sat down and figured out our net worth. I should do it again to see where we're at now. I think the only people I know who figure out their net worth on a regular basis are PF bloggers! What about you- how often or have you ever calculated your net worth?
Net worth is on my brain right now because I'm listening again to the audio book The Millionaire Mind by Thomas J. Stanley. The chapters I'm in right now are covering the differences between the Balance Sheet Affluent and the Income Sheet Affluent. Income Statement Affluent are those with a high annual income, but have a relatively low net worth. The details of the characteristics of these people, especially those with the "Millionaire Mind", are intriguing.
Anyhow, I pretty much don't fit either category. Yet. :-)

1 comments:

Maria said...

I don't fit into either category yet, either, but someday I will. Possibly both, though I'd settle for the Net Worth side of things. We are still plodding along on Baby Step 2, and soon we'll have another debt completely paid off and an extra $200 to throw at our snowball each month. Thanks for the inspiration!