Thursday, March 13, 2008

Dollars, Tax Refunds & Spring Home Improvement

Tomorrow is payday and I'm looking forward to it. I need to feel some cash in my hands again. Although, the dollar isn't worth what it used to be, what, with all the interest rate cuts. Thanks to the fed making it easier for Americans to borrow money, and in turn reducing the value of the dollars in my hand. Maybe I should ask to be paid in euros...
We got both our federal and state tax refunds deposited into our account, and quickly assigned to different things. We had our lawn mower serviced and the blade replaced, changed the oil in the car (so cool that it only has to be changed every 7500 miles,) and paid our internet filter subscription for the next few months. Then we put a bit aside for some "future leisure." Whatever that may be. $433 was the whopping total of our two refunds. MUCH better than owing more taxes.
Spring is here, and with it brings home improvement projects. We have doors to replace, walls to paint, and more yard work. I'll do my best to work these things into the budget, but I have a tendency to neglect other things for the sake of debt reduction.

0 comments: